The SWM operates and provides for the mechanical, maintenance and structural support of 162 pieces of rolling stock and support equipment by operating a fully integrated mechanic and welding shop. The following programs are under the Supervision of SWM Fleet Manager.
FLEET ACQUISITION & DISPOSITION
- Responsible for planning and developing vehicle and equipment specifications and bidding schedules for the Department’s fleet.
- Provide oversight for the Department’s Equipment Refurbishing and Replacement Program.
FLEET OPERATIONS & MAINTENANCE
- Ensures the City’s light and heavy duty fleet and equipment are operational for use.
- Provides maintenance to approximately 162 units.
- Fully dedicated shop for the service of the Department of SWM
- Provides parts for the maintenance and repair of vehicles and heavy equipment.
Manages the fuel, oil inventory and car wash facilities for the City.
1 fueling facility
- Dyed Diesel
- 1 automated carwash facility
2 manual carwash bays