Using the Landfill
Business accounts require a current utility bill, business card, driver’s license and a letter (company letterhead) stating the name of employee(s) who will be allowed to use this account. Such letter requires signature of the following: Owner, manager and/or other officer in charge with signatory authority.
There will be NO EXCEPTIONS to these policies.
- Ensure general operational compliance with approved plans for waste acceptance
- Identify potential and actual nuisance items
- Review transportation logs and paperwork
- Inspect for odor, vector, litter, and fire controls
- Review unloading and compacting procedures
- Checks for prohiobited items such as those listed below in "Prohibited items for disposal"
Please follow the Site User Rules.
- NO - CASH PAYMENTS ACCEPTED
- NO - CAMERAS / VIDEO EQUIPMENT
- NO - SMOKING ALLOWED ON THESE PREMISES
- NO - SALVAGING OR SCAVENGING
- OBEY ALL POSTED SIGNS
- OBEY ALL INSTRUCTIONS FROM SITE PERSONNEL
- SPEED LIMIT IS 20 MPH
- RESIDENTS MUST SHOW PROOF OF RESIDENCY
- ALL LOADS MUST BE COVERED OR THEY WILL INCUR FINES
- ALL VEHICLES MUST CHECK IN AND ARE SUBJECT TO INSPECTION
- ALL MINORS/PETS MUST REMAIN IN THE VEHICLES AT ALL TIMES
- ALL PERSONS MUST STAY WITHIN 10FT OF THEIR VEHICLE
- USERS OF THE FACILITY DO SO AT THEIR OWN RISK
- LANDFILL AND/OR CITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PERSONAL INJURIES TO USERS OR DAMAGES TO USERS PERSONAL PROPERTY
Drive on to inbound scale. Inform the Attendant if you have anything other than regular household trash. We will measure your vehicle and its contents.
Vehicle load (non-hazardous municipal solid waste, brush, construction and demolition materials):
(Minimum of $25.00 charge per load)
Proof of construction being conducted within the city limits of the City of Edinburg must be provided by the contractor or individual performing the services prior to disposal and is subject to verification.
Rate is subject to applicable surcharges, disposal fees, local and state taxes, etc.
Non-Contract Outside Haulers:
Government entities, waste haulers, contractors, or individuals disposing of waste generated from outside the City of Edinburg shall be charged for the use of city-owned or -maintained landfill as follows:
$11.67/Cu.Yd. ($35.00 / Ton)
(Minimum of $25.00 charge per load)
Rate is subject to applicable surcharges, disposal fees, local and/or state taxes
User shall be responsible for producing weight verification if required.
Tire handling fee $5.00
Surcharge for uncovered load 15% of load fee
Residents may bring up to 4 passenger tires to the landfill, for free, per year with Drivers License and City of Edinburg utililty bill matching the address. Additonal tires will be chgarged at $5 per tire. All other tires and commercial customers are accepted at the following rates.
Yard trimmings will be accepted for free with proof of residency for residential accounts. Although, load must be brought covered and with no trash such as plastic bags, rocks, dirt, or other type of waste. Commercial accounts pay a fee of $8.33 per cubic yard, with a $25.00 minimum.
Texas law prohibits dumping used oil on land or into sewers or waterways. This includes the use of used oil as a dust suppressant. Texas has also banned used oil filters from being placed in or accepted for disposal in a landfill.
- Edinburg Recycling Center - "Do it yourself Oil Drop Off"
These items/materials are strictly prohibited from entering our Landfill:
- NO - EXPLOSIVE, TOXIC OR REGULATED HAZARDOUS WASTE
- NO - CLOSED DRUMS
- NO - LEAD ACID BATTERIES
- NO - PCB CONTAINING MATERIALS
- NO - ITEMS CONTAINING CFC’S
- NO - USED MOTOR VEHICLE OILS OR FILTERS
- NO - LIQUID WASTE
- NO - UNTREATED MEDICAL WASTE
- NO - WHOLE OR SCRAP TIRES
- NO - SEPTIC TANK PUMPINGS OR UNAUTHORIZED SLUDGES
- NO - RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL
En Espanol - Estos artículos / materiales están estrictamente prohibidos de ingresar a nuestro vertedero:
- NO - RESIDUOS PELIGROSOS EXPLOSIVOS, TÓXICOS O REGLAMENTADOS
- NO - TAMBORES CERRADOS
- NO - BATERÍAS DE ÁCIDO PLOMO
- NO - PCB QUE CONTIENE MATERIALES
- NO - ARTÍCULOS QUE CONTIENEN CFC'S
- NO - ACEITES O FILTROS DE VEHÍCULOS DE MOTOR UTILIZADOS
- NO - DESECHO LÍQUIDO
- NO - DESECHO MÉDICO NO TRATADO
- NO - LLANTAS ENTERAS O DESECHADAS
- NO - BOMBAS DE TANQUE SEPTICO O LODOS NO AUTORIZADOS
- NO - MATERIAL RADIACTIVO
Please call our office to learn how and where to dispose of prohibited items, 956-381-5635