The Dustin M. Sekula Memorial Library is very pleased to support people in their education effort, whether to complete their college degrees or to advance their careers. Proctoring services are available at the Dustin M. Sekula Memorial Library free of charge to distance learning students.
What we can do:
- Provide supervision and place to take exam.
- Be available during regular business hours, including evening and weekends (exams must be completed 30 minutes prior to closing).
- Check valid student picture ID prior to taking exam (State issued Driver’s License or Identification Card or University Picture ID).
- Sign appropriate paperwork.
- Distribute exams received in hard copy.
- Print exams that have been emailed.
- Return pre-stamped and addressed envelopes to University.
What we cannot do:
- Provide postage or supplies.
- Provide postage services outside of regular library ground mail service (Federal Express, USPS Express Mail, UPS, etc.).
- Help students find answers to test questions.
- Contact students to make test arrangements.
- Provide proctor’s personal information, such as Social Security number.
- Be responsible for mailed, faxed, or emailed exams not received by the college or institution.
Test taker’s responsibility for proctoring:
- Fill out the necessary paperwork required by the institution using the proctor's contact information.
- Call or email the proctor to find out if the exam has been received.
- Call or email the proctor to set a time to take the examination. This should be done 3 business days prior to testing. Staff schedules are not altered to accommodate proctored exams. Library staff does not proctor exams "on demand." Proctoring is based on the individual staff availability.
- Staff will not proctor a test if a test taker walks in and has not made an appointment or checked to find out if the test has arrived.
All proctored exams will be administered on library public computers in public area. Students cannot use personal laptops, nor will library issue laptops for exams.
Distance learners can arrange for test proctoring by contacting Omero Morales at (956) 383-6246 or email@example.com.