Boys & Girls Clubs of Edinburg RGV Partners with Sight for Students to Provide Free Eye Exams and Eyewear
Edinburg, Texas (Nov. 15, 2017) – The Boys & Girls Clubs of Edinburg RGV announced a partnership with Sight for Students, the national charity of Vision Service Plan (VSP), to provide free eye exams and eyewear to club members between the ages of five and 18.
VSP is the nation’s largest provider of eye care wellness benefits, and has donated more than $100 million to provide free eye care services through Sight for Students since the program began in 1997.
In order to qualify for a Sight for Students gift certificate, a member must the qualifications that follow:
- Family income is no more than 200% of federal poverty level
- Child is not enrolled in Medicaid or other vision insurance
- Child is 18 years old or younger and has not graduated from high school
- Child is a U.S. citizen or legal immigrant with a social security number
- Child has not used the Sight for Students program during the past 12 months
- Child is a member of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Edinburg RGV
For more information on the Sight for Students program or to determine eligibility contact the Boys & Girls Clubs of Edinburg RGV at 956-383-2582 or visit The Legacy Center located at 702 Cullen Street.