Regular full-time civil and non-civil service employees accrue vacation leave on a bi-weekly basis. An employee may not use any accrued vacation leave until he/she has successfully completed his/her initial employments probationary period.
All regular full-time employees begin accruing paid sick leave during their first full month of employment. Regular full-time employees who are in their initial probationary status may use accrued sick leave only if approved by their Supervisor and/or Department Director.
The City of Edinburg provides paid holiday to regular full-time employees (whether on probation or not). Every other employee is extended the official holiday, but without pay. The City Council designates holidays for the City employees.
- Employee may qualify for FMLA if employed for the previous 12 months. Have worked for the employer for at least 12 months.
- Employee must have at least 1,250 hours of service in the 12 months before taking leave that includes full time and part time/regular employees.
- FMLA can be initiated not only by employee, but by an employer too.
- FMLA cannot exceed the allowable 12 weeks or 480 hours within a rolling period (A “rolling” 12-month period measured backward from the date an employee uses any FMLA leave.)
- If both parents are employed by the City, both are jointly entitled to a combined total of 12 work weeks for family leave.
- FMLA can be for –birth of child and adoption; serious health condition for employee and serious health condition for parents, spouse, child, or intermittent leave for a chronic condition, and on the job injury (WC).
|Employee Rights||Derechos del Empleado|
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category