Using the Landfill
City Residents, in order to qualify for the free utilization of the landfill, will require a Texas driver’s license or ID with current city address, a current utility bill (reflecting their name and mailing address) for address verification or for Residents in the NAWSC and/or SWSC their DL or ID and their current water bill showing City "Garbage Servcices" are being paid for. All non-resident users will be charged the outside city rate.
Edinburg Business' do not qualify for the use exception but will require a current utility bill showing that the buisness address is in Edinburg for the in City rate. All others will be charged the outside city rate.
What we are going to look for during initial incoming load inspection, random or unannounced inspection; staff will:
- Ensure general operational compliance and determine waste acceptability based on state and/or federal waste screening regulations.
- Identify potential and actual nuisance items
- Review transportation logs and paperwork
- Inspect for odor, vector, litter, and fire controls
- Review unloading and compacting procedures
- Checks for prohiobited items such as those listed below in "Prohibited Materials"
Follow the Site User Rules.
- NO - CASH PAYMENTS ACCEPTED
- NO - CAMERAS / VIDEO EQUIPMENT
- NO - SMOKING ALLOWED ON THESE PREMISES
- NO - SALVAGING OR SCAVENGING
- OBEY ALL POSTED SIGNS
- OBEY ALL INSTRUCTIONS FROM SITE PERSONNEL
- SPEED LIMIT IS 20 MPH
- RESIDENTS MUST SHOW PROOF OF RESIDENCY
- ALL LOADS MUST BE COVERED OR THEY WILL INCUR FINES
- ALL VEHICLES MUST CHECK IN AND ARE SUBJECT TO INSPECTION
- ALL MINORS/PETS MUST REMAIN IN THE VEHICLES AT ALL TIMES
- ALL PERSONS MUST STAY WITHIN 10FT OF THEIR VEHICLE
- USERS OF THE FACILITY DO SO AT THEIR OWN RISK
- LANDFILL AND/OR CITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PERSONAL INJURIES TO USERS OR DAMAGES TO USERS PERSONAL PROPERTY
Drive on to Weight scales or public lane. Inform the Attendant of the materials your are wishing to dispose and notify the attendant if you have anything other than regular household trash. We will measure your vehicle/trailer and its contents. If you are a City Resident and have provided proof of residency there will be no cost for disposal of household garabge, brush/lawn trimmings and appliances; all other waste such as construction/demolition material, rocks, concrete, swings, or any other material that is not usually collected by the City's Brush and Bulk item Collection Services will incur a fee for its disposal. We do not accept cash or checks; but do accept all major credit cards. All incoming loads unot the Landfill must tarpped or should have a cover during the transport. If not the Landfill will assess a 15% surcharge per load.
Pick-up trucks hauling a trailer must enter the landfill 30 minutes before closing. 18 Wheelers must enter the landfill before 2:30 p.m.
Dump your waste in the designated area or Landfill site as directed by the Attendant.
- For City approved Commercial Contract Haulers we will either weigh your vehicle and its contents upon your exit or utilize our stored tare weight for your vehicle. We will then subtract the weight of your vehicle from your inbound weight and bill you accordingly.
- For City Residents or Public Users your transaction has already been concluded.
Commercial or buisness accounts will be charged a fee of $8.33 per cubic yard, with a $25.00 minimum.
A current water bill is required for confirmation of residency or buisness address. This exception does not apply to any construction material which shall be charged at gates rates.
Landfill Rates & Fees
City Residents & Businesses:
All City of Edinbnurg Residents may utilize the City Owned Landfill to dispose of their own personally generated household waste, to include brush, appliances and/or lawn trimmings, at "NO COST"; but must provide proof of residency within the City Limits of Edinburg. Proof of residency must be in the form of a Picture ID with the residents current address and the utility bill, including both NAWS and SWSC, demonstrating payment of City of Edinburg "Garbage" Services.
All other local businesses, trash or garbage collectors, manufacturers, factories, commercial
establishments, and all other persons not disposing of their personal household waste, however
such waste has been generated from within the city limits of Edinburg, shall be charged for the use of cityowned or maintained landfill as follows:
Vehicle load (non-hazardous municipal solid waste, brush, construction and demolition materials):
(Minimum of $25.00 charge per load)
Proof of construction being conducted within the city limits of the City of Edinburg must be provided by the contractor or individual performing the services prior to disposal and is subject to verification.
Rate is subject to applicable surcharges, disposal fees, local and state taxes, etc.
Non-Contract Outside Haulers:
Government entities, waste haulers, contractors, or individuals disposing of waste generated from outside the City of Edinburg shall be charged for the use of city-owned or -maintained landfill as follows:
$11.67/Cu.Yd. ($35.00 / Ton)
(Minimum of $25.00 charge per load)
Rate is subject to applicable surcharges, disposal fees, local and/or state taxes
User shall be responsible for producing weight verification if required.
Tire handling fee
All City Residents may dispose of four (4) passenger car/truck tires for free per year. Any additional tires that residents wish to dispose will incur a disposal fee of $5.00 per tire.
Surcharge for uncovered load 15% of load fee
Residents may bring up to 4 passenger tires to the landfill, for free, per year with Drivers License and City of Edinburg utililty bill matching the address. Additonal tires will be chgarged at $5 per tire. All other tires and commercial customers are accepted at the following rates.
Yard trimmings will be accepted for free with proof of residency for residential accounts. Although, load must be brought covered and with no trash such as plastic bags, rocks, dirt, or other type of waste. Commercial accounts pay a fee of $8.33 per cubic yard, with a $25.00 minimum.
Texas law prohibits dumping used oil on land or into sewers or waterways. This includes the use of used oil as a dust suppressant. Texas has also banned used oil filters from being placed in or accepted for disposal in a landfill.
- Edinburg Recycling Center - "Do it yourself Oil Drop Off"
- NO - EXPLOSIVE, TOXIC OR REGULATED HAZARDOUS WASTE
- NO - CLOSED DRUMS
- NO - LEAD ACID BATTERIES
- NO - PCB CONTAINING MATERIALS
- NO - ITEMS CONTAINING CFC’S
- NO - USED MOTOR VEHICLE OILS OR FILTERS
- NO - LIQUID WASTE
- NO - UNTREATED MEDICAL WASTE
- NO - WHOLE OR SCRAP TIRES
- NO - SEPTIC TANK PUMPINGS OR UNAUTHORIZED SLUDGES
- NO - RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL
En Espanol - Estos artículos / materiales están estrictamente prohibidos de ingresar a nuestro vertedero:
- NO - RESIDUOS PELIGROSOS EXPLOSIVOS, TÓXICOS O REGLAMENTADOS
- NO - TAMBORES CERRADOS
- NO - BATERÍAS DE ÁCIDO PLOMO
- NO - PCB QUE CONTIENE MATERIALES
- NO - ARTÍCULOS QUE CONTIENEN CFC'S
- NO - ACEITES O FILTROS DE VEHÍCULOS DE MOTOR UTILIZADOS
- NO - DESECHO LÍQUIDO
- NO - DESECHO MÉDICO NO TRATADO
- NO - LLANTAS ENTERAS O DESECHADAS
- NO - BOMBAS DE TANQUE SEPTICO O LODOS NO AUTORIZADOS
- NO - MATERIAL RADIACTIVO
Please call our office to learn how and where to dispose of prohibited items, 956-381-5635