GROUP VISITS AND TOURS POLICY
Library Tours and group visits are an important part of the Dustin Michael Sekula Memorial Library’s service program; therefore, the library welcomes area schools, child care providers, business, and other groups and organization wishing to tour the library. In order to ensure that the tour or visit is a positive experience for all, we do require that all tours or visits be scheduled and planned to best meet the needs of the visiting group.
GUIDELINES and REQUIREMENTS:
- All visits and tours must be scheduled at least three weeks in advance.
- Visits and tours are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis when no other library programs are taking place, library programs take precedence.
- The library reserves the right not to schedule visits and tours during its busiest hours of operation.
- The library can accommodate only one group visit or tour at a time and reserves the right to limit the size of a group to ensure that general library operations are not disrupted.
- Visits and tours will be scheduled only during the library’s regular hours of operation Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. thru 4:30 p.m.
- Groups of children must be accompanied by an appropriate number of adults, 1 chaperone for every 10 students. The maximum number of students we can accommodate is 80.
- Chaperones are responsible for keeping order and making sure children/teens abide by library rules.
- It is recommended that children/teens needing library cards visit the library with their parent/guardian prior to the field trip.
- In order to accommodate other organizations, the library reserves the right to limit the number of visits per group per calendar year.
If there are specific requests, please let us know when you schedule your library field trip and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
To schedule a library tour please fill out form and submit to Children's Supervisor, Viviana Caballero at firstname.lastname@example.org or Reference Supervisor, Omero Morales at email@example.com or contact the library at (956) 383-6246.