The Empowerment Resource Center (ERC) is an extension of the Library’s special services put into place in support of the Citywide measures to minimize the risk of transmission of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The ERC will provide users wi-fi connectivity and introduce students as well as parents to the Library’s electronic resources. The center will be available to members of the community needing access to a space to study, log on to their online classes, proctor exams, work on filing for unemployment, and filling out employment applications.
Hours of Operation:
- Open Monday thru Friday from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- ERC closes 30 minutes before the Library closes.
- ERC workstation may be used for a maximum of 3-hours per day.
- Reservations must be done 24-hours in advance. To give everyone a chance, patrons may not reserve a workstation for multiple days in advance.
- Patron must show picture ID at time of check-in. If patron has not arrived within 5-minutes prior to scheduled time, reservation will be cancelled.
- Patron may exit the ERC for a 15-minute break or restroom break.
- ERC users are responsible for their belongings; the Library will not be responsible for lost or forgotten items.
- Food, drinks, tobacco and alcohol products are prohibited in the library.
- Persons found littering, engaging in loud or disruptive behavior, defacing Library property or otherwise acting inappropriately, will be removed from the Library and may be subject to a criminal trespassing notice (banned from the Library) depending on the severity of the offense.
- All contraband or illegal activities are prohibited. ERC area may not be used to distribute or sell goods or services of any kind.
- The ERC area is not intended to be a regular meeting site of any group or
When Visiting the ERC:
- User must adhere to the Daily Library Screening; and
- No one who has been in closed contact with someone testing positive to the virus nor experiencing flu like symptoms will be allowed in the ERC.
- Facemask / covering will be required to enter the ERC.
- Mask must cover nose and mouth at all times when using the ERC.
- Patrons with broken ear string or torn facemasks may not enter the ERC.
- Workstations have been adjusted for social distancing; no one will be allowed to move or rearrange the furniture.
- Users will be assigned a workstation and may not jump from one station to another.
- One person per workstation only. Children under 13 yrs. of age must be accompanied by 1 parent or guardian.
- Users must bring their own equipment (tablet, laptop, earphones with microphone, etc.); the library will not provide any type of electronic devices.
- Devices must be fully charged. Due to tripping hazard, extension cords will not be allowed in the ERC.
- Visitors must follow the floor markings designating six-foot distancing and stand behind the Plexiglass when approaching the ERC Service Desk.
**The ERC is not a quiet Zone; however, users are expected to speak quietly.
Failure to follow these rules may result in loss of library privileges and/or criminal prosecution or other action.