Addition of Inclusive Play Equipment
According to M&L Special Needs Planning's article Statics, they state that 1 in every 26 American families have reported raising children with a disability. Raising children with disabilities is not easy when families watch their children miss from the small things which make up their childhood. This is why the City of Edinburg is committed to promote diversity and inclusion of all their citizens.
The City’s goal is to offer children access to play and fall in love with the outdoors as any other child. This is why the City of Edinburg is currently working on adding inclusive play equipment to the city’s existing playgrounds. This helps create an environment for kids and families of all abilities to play and spend time outdoors at their local playgrounds. Currently, they have already added to five of our parks while the remaining three are stll a work in progress.
The construction of the Inclusive Play Equipment is underway at eight of our beautiful parks, the following are the updates on each park:
11. Complete - Apollo Park 502 E. Peter
2. Complete- Fountain Park 1201 E. Kuhn
3. Complete- Frontier Park 202 N. 1st
4. Complete- South Park 300 E. Palm Dr. (Behind Parks and Rec Building)
5. Complete- West park 402 W. Stubbs
6. In progress- Municipal Park 714 S. Raul Longoria
7. In progress- Memorial Park 1212 E. Sprague
8. In progress- Cenizo Park 424 W. Sprague