COVID-19 2020 Orders
Hidalgo County Judge Richard Cortez has issued a disaster declaration for Hidalgo County , below you can read more on each different order taking effect. You can read more on these new orders here.
Mayor Richard Molina has also follow suit with orders for the City of Edinburg in order to aide the community at a delicate state at the moment. A variety of changes throughout our community have been carrried out such as limiting people per buildings, controlling prices, requiring reporting of testing, staying at home and working safe along with other important changes for our city. Please see latest order below for more specifics for each different section and how it applies to you, your family or even your organization.
The City of Edinburg continues to urge everyone to practice social distancing. Encourages citizens to limit their vists out of home if there is no need and respect the curfew put on place. Medical experts continue to stress that the only way to stop the spread of Coronavirus is to limit contact with other people. There is no need to panic, as stores will continue to operate along with other businesses and organizations, and the City services will continue. it is for the time being that changes must be carried out. What is most important is that we continue to be aware of this ever changing situation and follow the guidelines suggested by medical professionals and we continue to be educated by the situation in order to combat this virus as a community and follow these new regulations enforced by our City Mayor and City officials.
- Tuesday, March 17, 2020 —ORDER 2020-01 ORDER PROHIBITING COMMUNITY GATHERINGS OF 50 PERSO
- Friday, March 20, 2020 — Order No. 2020-02 Order of Mayor Temp Prohibiting Gatherings 10 people or more
- Monday, March 23, 2020 — Order No. 2020-03 Order Prohibiting Comm Gathering of 10 Persons or More
- Wednesday, March 25, 2020 —Order No. 2020-04 Stay Home Work Safe Order
- Friday, April 3, 2020 -- Order No. 2020-05 Face Covering Order.pdf
- Thursday, April 30, 2020- Order No. 2020-06 Order of the Mayor - Live Safe Work Safe.pdf
- Thursday, May 7,2020-Order No. 2020-07
- Monday, May 18, 2020- Order No. 2020-08.
- Wednesday, May 20, 2020- Order No. 2020-09
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Search for file name:
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Order No. 20209 documents
- ORDER 2020-01 ORDER PROHIBITING COMMUNITY GATHERINGS OF 50 PERSO
- Order No. 2020-02 Order of Mayor Temp Prohibiting Gatherings 10 people or more
- Order No. 2020-03 Order Prohibiting Comm Gathering of 10 Persons or More
- Order No. 2020-04 Stay Home Work Safe Order
- Order No. 2020-05 Face Covering Order.pdf
- Order No. 2020-06 Order of the Mayor - Live Safe Work Safe.pdf
- Order No. 2020-07
- Order No. 2020-08.pdf
- Order No. 2020-09.pdf