SPARC 3.0 Funding Now Available For Businesses!
The City of Edinburg’s Stimulus Program Aimed at Recovery from COVID19 (SPARC) assists locally-owned businesses with economic recovery from the coronavirus pandemic.
In 2020, more than 500 locally-owned businesses joined the SPARC network and received grants in the SPARC 1.0 and SPARC 2.0 rounds.
The City is now launching a third round of funding, SPARC 3.0.The application period opens July 21, 2021, at 8:00am, and the deadline to apply is Friday, August 6, 2021, at 5:00pm.
In order to qualify, your business must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Business must be located in Edinburg’s city limits. Please verify here by typing your business address in the search box in the top left corner.
- Business is currently operating.
- Locally-owned (i.e. not part of a national chain)
- Business has 50 or fewer employees.
- Business currently pays at least one of the following taxes:
- Sales tax
- Property tax on non-residential real property for commercial purposes
- Property tax on business personal property
Required Documentation You Need Before You Apply
You can find more information on the links to the left hand corner of the webpage.
- W-9 Form
- Record of sales tax payment to Texas Comptroller’s Office – date of sales tax payment will need to be from 2020 or 2021.
- Record of property tax payment to Hidalgo County Tax Assessor (non-residential real property or business personal property for 2020.)
- Owner Name (Last Name, First Name)
- Property Address
- Account Number
- CAD Reference Number
- Photos of the exterior of the business.
***Home Based Businesses are eligible if they pay sales tax to the State of Texas or pay property tax on business personal property.
- Review the eligibility criteria, review required documentation, and verify your business is eligible to apply.
- Watch the video.
- Complete and submit the SPARC 3.0 application.
- Within 3-4 days, economic development staff will schedule a phone call or a meeting with the applicant to review the application.
- Receive an email with details specifying whether you have been approved or not approved.
The City of Edinburg reserves the right to deny any category or business type ineligible including those businesses that are prohibited by federal or state law, businesses soliciting or promoting activities such as gambling, lobbying, and/or sexually-oriented activity, and those subject to indictment, arraignment, or other formal criminal charges.
For assistance, please call (956) 259-4357 (HELP).