The Finance Department is responsible for all financial records and transactions for the City of Edinburg. The department oversees Purchasing, Utility Billing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll. Duties include the following:
- Billing and collection of water, sanitary sewer, residential garbage, and landfill charges;
- Collection of street paving assessment and providing the City Attorney and title companies with information regarding tax and mowing liens;
- Reviewing, approving, and processing all purchase orders for the procurement of all goods and services purchased for the City to insure all departments are in compliance with Federal, State, and Local Purchasing Policies and Laws;
- Processing Accounts Payable and Payroll for the City of Edinburg, Edinburg Economic Development Corporation, and the Boys & Girls Club;
- Maintaining the general ledger, subsidiary ledger, payroll records, account payable vendor files, fixed assets, inventory, and investments;
- Providing financial information for grant applications and coordinating financial requests for reimbursement to the City;
- Preparing surveys and questionnaires for governmental agencies; processing, maintaining, and updating Civil and Non-Civil payroll records; and overseeing the rental of all public facilities and centers.