Daycare/Child Care Facilities
Registered Child Care Homes and Licensed Child Care Homes are permitted in the AG, S, AU, UR, NC, and D districts, and in nonconforming residential uses in the CN, CG, and BP districts, if all of the following are demonstrated:
The minimum distance between all types of day care that are located in residential districts shall be a one-half mile radius.
- The applicant must reside on the premise.
- Child care facilities are allowed in all residential zoning districts upon approval of a special use permit.
- The daycare facility shall be clearly secondary to the residential use.
- The child care facility shall meet state childcare licensing requirements.
- The application shall be signed by the property owner or the applicant shall provide a letter of authorization from the property owner.
- Fire and sanitary inspections.
- A semi-circular driveway for drop-off and pickup is provided. Required parking spaces shall not be included as part of this circular driveway.
- At least two parking spaces shall be available on site in front of the dwelling that do not interfere with the driveway.
- Outdoor play areas are enclosed by a fence that is at least six-feet in height.
- The use shall be accessed by a public street approved by the city.
- A Special Use Permit pursuant to this Section shall expire within one (1) year.
- Application for renewal shall be made 30-days before permit expiration.
- Renewals shall be reviewed as original applications for the first year after the original approval.
- Subsequent renewals shall be reviewed as Limited Uses, regardless of the type of review used for the original approval.
- The applicant is encouraged to renew the permit with ample time to renew a license with the State childcare licensing agency.
- Special Use approvals are not transferable from one licensee to another.