City Manager's Office
As directed by Mayor and City Council, the City Manager’s Office provides direction and leadership for all municipal services.
The City Manager is responsible for:
- Serving as Chief Administrative Officer
- General administration of City
- Program coordination
- Preparation of special staff reports and surveys
- Development of program and policy alternatives
- Implementation of policies adopted by City Council
- Provides regular information to City Council on the status of projects and programs
- Meets with residents, community groups, public/private entities regarding City matters
- Formulation and administration of City budget
The City Manager also establishes annual goals and objectives to ensure an efficient and effective municipal operation. The council-manager form is the system of local government that combines the strong political leadership of elected officials in the form of a council or other governing body, with the strong managerial experience of an appointed local government manager.