Sanitation Services Overview
- No one else living or employed (part or full time) in the household is capable of placing the garbage cart at the curb.
- A licensed U.S. physician must certify the resident's disability is of a nature that prevents the resident from setting the garbage at the curb.
- Application must be re-submitted annually from the date of original application. Failure to do so will result in discontinuance of special assistance service.
- Applicant authorizes City personnel to enter their private property for the purpose of providing waste collection service.
Please ensure that the form is completed and signed by the appropriate individual(s).
- Please complete Section I "Applicant Information" and Section II "Applicants Verification of Disability and Household Occupancy".
- Forward the entire form to your Physician/Optometrist.
- The Physician/Optometrist shall ensure that Section III "Disability Statement" section is completed and signed.
- Please mail completed white copy of application to:
Solid Waste Management
Attention: Accounts Manager
P.O. Box 1079
Edinburg, TX 78540
- Or drop off application at: 8601 N. Jasman Rd., Edinburg, TX 78542
- Or email finalized form to Collection Accounts Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The City will verify your application information and notify you of eligibility. If you have any questions or need more information, please call 956-381-5635.
back to top
Special or Off Schedule Collection:
Residents may elect to request off scheduled services or special collection when they have accumulated more trash than usual or decided to take on a yard project that resulted in additional brush/ yard waste and are not wanting to wait for their scheduled collection day City Residents have an option to request collection services for a nominal fee. To arrange for this service, call (956) 381-5635 Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM.
Dead Animal Removal Services:
The City will collect dead animals from residences and on city streets. The service is available seven days a week. City personnel cannot collect dead animals from under buildings, attics, ditches, or from private property. To arrange for this service, call (956) 381-5635 Monday - Friday 7 AM - 7 PM; after hours you may contact the Edinburg Police Depart (non-emergency number) (956) 383-7411 or the Edinburg Water Plant 24 hr at 956-388-8220.
You may also request for a dead animal pickup using The City of Edinburg's Request and
Work Management Tool. Click here to be directed to select Dead Animal Removal to get your request to us via email.
On request, dead animals will be collected from residences. The animal must be bagged and placed at the curb before calling for collection.
Residents may request collection of dead animals on public rights-of-way. Location and description of the dead animal will be asked from the customer.
Small dead animals, such as dogs, cats, or others of similar size will be collected at no charge.
Large dead animals such as horses and cattle are collected for a fee. Please contact our office at SWM for appropriate pricing at 956-381-5635.
Texas Department Of Transportation.
Under these circumstances, please contact TXDOT directly at the Texas Department of Transportation Mission Maintenance Facility at: 956-585-5671 or submit a request at http://www.txdot.gov/contact-us/form.html. Select "road debris/litter/dead animal" listed in the Contact Reason drop down box.
- A Fire Hazard – Piles of dumped trash can present a fire hazard, especially in dry conditions.
- A Health Hazard - Rats, flies and mosquitoes breed in litter; all of these are capable of spreading disease.
The DSWM will continue its successful partnerships with community leadership organizations and Neighborhood Associations to organize special clean-up events, such as our yearly Trash Bash, Quarterly Neighborhood Clean Up's and Earth Day celebrations.
After hours City of Edinburg Water Plant Emergency Line: 956-388-8220
Para informacion en Espanol: (956) 381-5635